- Strategic planning
- Performance enhancement
- Executive coaching
- Quality and operations management
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Master’s degree in science and statistics, University of West Florida
- Adjunct professor in MBA program, Lindenwood University
- Lecturer at Enterprise University
What Clients Value Most
Jim Lang helps clients grow the market value of their companies, by developing market positioning and growth strategies, improving the management team capabilities and alignment to the plan, and creating a management approach to assure implementation. His “in the trenches” success boosting product quality and elevating manufacturing operations to award-winning levels complements his experience as a division leader responsible for developing and implementing strategy. Lang is adept at guiding the strategic planning process as well as forming and facilitating corporate advisory boards that provide client companies with valuable and insightful guidance.
Getting Results for Clients
- Teamed with a mid-size manufacturer to develop and implement a five-year strategy to strengthen its position in core markets and penetrate related markets. The new approach to reach end users generated substantial revenue growth and increased the value of the firm.
- Guided a mid-size system integrator to a new account management strategy that drove top line growth and was complemented by an improved internal execution process.
- Developed a national trend-setting extended employment approach for a facility-based employment center for adults with disabilities.
- Assisted a construction industry sub-contractor to develop a clear communication of their value proposition and core values to assure that their excellent culture was maintained through rapid regional growth.
Prior to CSI
- Over a span of 19 years, vice president and head of U.S. region for MEMC Electronic Materials Company; president of joint venture with Texas Instruments; and quality manager, operations manager and plant manager. During his tenure, the plant won the Missouri Quality Award and earned Industry Week Magazine “Best Plants” award. Nine years of engineering and management experience in process and quality control for Monsanto at its Pensacola, FL operation.
- Owner and partner in a hardwood floor manufacturing company for three years.
In The Community
Lang serves on the advisory board for Enterprise Bank in St. Charles County and is Vice-President of the board of directors for BCI, a for purpose business employing adults with disabilities.