- Strategic planning
- Board development
- Succession management
- Search consulting
- In depth expertise: Member-Owned Organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in economics and public administration, Georgetown University
- Master’s degree in business administration, University of Virginia, The Colgate Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
- Honors include: 2003 St. Louis Business Journal “40 Under 40” achievers; 2004 Woman of Achievement for Social Enterprise; and 2008 “Top 20 Businesses Under 20 Employees” designation by St. Louis Small Business Monthly.
What Clients Value Most
Gina Hoagland has led strategic planning engagements for more than 500 companies and not-for-profit agencies in her tenure with CSI. She brings a results-oriented pragmatism to planning, coaching and execution. Her abiding commitment to partnering with clients has helped them elevate the value, impact and capability of their organizations over the long term. Hoagland’s unique talents and in-depth expertise in optimizing trade-offs in member-driven organizations has enabled CSI to build a national practice in this niche. In 1994, Hoagland established the CSI search consulting practice and under her direction, CSI has completed more than 300 successful placements in executive leadership, senior management, and other specialties.
Getting Results for Clients
- Guided a professional services firm in dimensioning a changing environment, researching options, formulating choices and reaching a consensus among partners to transition into more profitable niches as a leader in its field.
- Mobilized a not-for-profit board to develop a strategy, secure new funding sources, and recruit an executive director to revitalize the organization.
- Guided a member-owned boutique professional services firm through strategy, board development, succession and recruiting to position the firm as a leader in its niche.
- Teamed with a producer-owned engineering practice to recruit a Tier A leadership team and launch a new business venture that rapidly produced profitable revenues.
- Helped a non-profit agency identify a breakthrough approach to constituents, substantially improving the efficiency and effectiveness of its service delivery model.
- Professionalized a second-generation family business through strategic planning, succession planning and advisory board facilitation. Firm is now a world leader in its manufacturing niche, with profits in the top quartile for its industry.
Prior to CSI
- Financial analyst, Morgan Stanley & Co., for two years.
- Senior associate, Prudential Capital, for two years.
In The Community
Hoagland is well-known in St. Louis civic circles. She serves as a member of the board of directors for the St. Louis Forum, the John Burroughs School and Opera Theatre St. Louis, chairing the Opera’s HR and strategic planning committees. She is active in the St. Louis Arch Angels and serves on the Finance Committee of the City of Ladue. From 2009 to 2014, she was a commissioner and the audit committee chair for the Missouri Lottery. Hoagland is a past president of the St. Louis Forum, St. Louis chapter of the Entrepreneurs Organization (formerly YEO), and SouthSide Early Childhood Center.