• Strategic planning
• Performance enhancement
• Leadership development
Bachelor’s degree in English, The University of Texas at Austin
Master’s degree in English & American Literature, Washington University in St. Louis
Master’s degree in Business Administration, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
WHAT CLIENTS VALUE MOST
Emily Smith has advised hundreds of clients in strategic planning for expansions and dispositions of operations. Smith’s clients have included early-stage firms, large multinational corporations, public- and privately-held businesses, and nonprofits, in industries spanning government contracting, cybersecurity, media, technology, supply chain, manufacturing, distribution, and professional services. Smith assists clients in defining strategic goals and strategies that translate into clear and actionable operational plans. She builds alignment through thoughtful communication and insightful analysis.
GETTING RESULTS FOR CLIENTS
• Led workplace-related strategic planning processes for multiple startup and early-stage companies, including planning personnel growth, analyzing space utilization and costs thereof, and providing market analyses and real estate budgeting.
• Advised a risk management and cybersecurity firm on integration strategy throughout a corporate acquisition that significantly increased the firm’s employee headcount and scope of services.
• Planned and implemented a corporate headquarters strategic relocation to transform the culture and the recruiting capabilities of a large Department of Defense contractor.
• Managed a program to identify and dispose of unnecessary assets to align operations with new strategic priorities of a major multimedia corporation.
• Facilitated the expansion of a global online retailer into the Washington, DC, area.
• Assisted a national nonprofit organization in its positioning of field delegate offices in all fifty states.
PRIOR TO CSI
• Director of the Transaction Services Group, CBRE, Inc., for four years.
• Commercial real estate broker for CBRE, Inc. and Cassidy Turley, now part of Cushman & Wakefield, for six years.
• Lecturer in the Master of Real Estate Development program at the University of Maryland for five years.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Smith is an Ambassador of Shatterproof, a national nonprofit focused upon reducing stigma related to substance use disorders. She is also an active volunteer and team leader of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Eastern Missouri Chapter. Smith is a 5K committee member for Girls on the Run of St. Louis.