James E. Del Carmen
- Strategic planning
- Organizational design
- Succession planning
- Performance enhancement
- Leadership team development
- Bachelor's degree in economics and psychology, Indiana University
- Master's degree in business administration, Saint Louis University
What Clients Value Most
Jim Del Carmen provides his clients a focus on both the people and organizational aspects of change. He has been leading strategic planning efforts since 1997 across multiple industries including professional services, distribution, financial services, manufacturing, technology, and not-for-profit. To complement strategy development, he has a proven track record in assisting clients with implementation plans that achieve profitable and sustainable growth. He also leverages expertise in organizational design, process reengineering, and project management for the realization of exceptional outcomes from planning endeavors.
Getting Results for Clients
- Facilitated strategic planning and guided the deployment of the resulting plan that produced better than 20 percent annual growth in succeeding years for a mid-size professional services firm.
- Mapped and executed the successful transition of key corporate functions between two Fortune 500 companies for increased productivity, reduced costs and a more fully integrated culture.
- Led annual planning for the board of directors of a not-for-profit organization resulting in consistent achievement of targeted annual performance goals.
- Addressed key performance issues resulting from rapid growth by mobilizing and realigning primary operating areas of a financial services organization, yielding higher efficiency, improved client service and increased capacity.
- Helped a diverse group of regional stakeholders forge an economic development agenda with shared objectives and priorities and an operating model that was implemented by all parties.
Prior to CSI
- Member of two of the largest multinational management consulting firms, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) and Ernst & Young (now EY), serving the Fortune 500 clients of each for over five years.
- Lecturer for various management forums (such as Enterprise University and AAIM), presenting workshops on strategic thinking, execution for results, and leadership development for over 11 years.
In The Community
Del Carmen serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for St. Patrick Center, the largest provider of services to the homeless in Missouri. He also has led planning efforts for educational institutions and not-for-profit entities, including Habitat for Humanity.