Jack P. Smith
- Strategic planning
- CEO coaching
- Management team facilitation
- Board development
- Succession planning
- Sales and marketing consulting
- Bachelor’s degree in management, University of Illinois-Springfield
- Master’s degree in business administration, DePaul University
- Post-graduate studies, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
What Clients Value Most
Jack Smith helps clients grow the market value of their companies, develop outstanding management teams, achieve profitable revenue growth, and successfully expand the number and depth of customer relationships. His longstanding focus on personal effectiveness equips him to be a powerful coach to corporate leaders. Smith has established productive consulting relationships with 200-plus organizations spanning more than 40 industry sectors in manufacturing, financial services, healthcare and construction. The value of his consultancy is reflected in the business performance of his clients and the number of new referrals his clients generate for CSI each year.
Getting Results for Clients
- Provided long term strategic guidance and executive coaching to a firm growing from 100 employees to number 258 on the Fortune 500.
- Currently guiding two “Entrepreneur of the Year” companies to achieve exceptional and sustained earnings growth.
- Developed and helped implement a strategic plan that in four years tripled the market capitalization of a prominent St. Louis bank.
- Guided a global manufacturing and distribution firm through two buyouts and a market value increase in excess of $100MM.
- Formed and facilitated more than a dozen advisory boards, each with a quantifiable record of contributing to improved corporate results.
- Facilitated the coming together of the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership to become the leading partner for economic development in the St. Louis region.
- Helped launch the Regional Business Council, and continued to provide support.
Prior to CSI
- Various management positions in marketing, operations, sales, finance, information technology and human resources for firms in four different industries.
- Relocated to St. Louis in 1987 to head CyberTel Corp.’s St. Louis market for five years and to serve as president/CEO of Highland Packaging Co. (sister company to Bock Pharmacal) for five years. During his tenure, the combined market value of CyberTel and Highland Packaging/Bock Pharmacal grew from $50 million to more than $600 million.
In The Community
Jack is active in the World Presidents’ Organization (WPO) and facilitates strategic planning for the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) and MicroFinancing Partners in Africa (MPA). He and his wife, Kim Smith, Ph.D., have supported a family in North St. Louis for the last ten years.